You know, this guy (Ron Paul) is a big time loser!! Popular on the Internet? Who cares? A Democrat, a Libertarian, a Republican, then a Libertarian, and now a republican again...Yikes, too many stripes for one suit to wear. Can you envision this guy in 1943 with any voice at all? " No Hitler is fine, let's just leave him alone, he won't invade more than 5 or 6 countries." It's people like this that wouldn't care if you spoke German or Japanese today, just so long as we don't "rock the boat".
He needs to wake up and realize that America is the greatest country on earth for all times. We are the envy of the entire world and we have a moral responsibility to the rest of the world not to let Hitler, Aminadinajad,
Hussein, or any other nut case enslave any part of the planet. We are not the aggressor in any sense of the word, in the past or now. We need someone who can lead this nation with courage, and if Ron Paul has any courage in him I just don't see it. I think he talks big, but would don a sheik robe and a turban to keep from upsetting the world. It's time for us to stop making excuses and say we are not the problem, we are the answer that the world is seeking...And I will never apologize for this great nation. I hope he get's some balls, (pardon me) if only for your sake.
Love U,
Of-course I had to respond to this nonsense as it can not be allowed to linger un-answered. The following is what I had to say. I wonder what my readers would have said differently?
Ron Paul was never a democrat. He ran for the libertarian nomination for president over 20 years ago, but he has always served in congress as a Republican. One really can't accuse him of any flip flopping on the issues like one can with the other candidate such as Rudy like he has on gun control. Ron Paul's position on foreign policy and any other issue has been more consistent over the past 30 years than any other candidate's position. He is as principled as they come, and he does not spew vicious rhetoric and make exagerated claims like most politicians do just to get votes.
As for his foreign policy positions, he is of the old right's belief that we should stay out of the internal affairs of other nations and not attack unless we are first attacked. Americans today are waking up to this notion as they have seen the problems when we violate the Christian doctrine of a just war. I'm speaking of the neocons plans for more Iraq style invasions of pre-emptive wars that arguably make us less safe from terrorism as they provide the fuel for al-qaeda recruiters around the world. The 911 commission report supports this argument. Ron Paul is not suggesting that we apologize for being who we are, but he is suggesting that there are consequences to our actions. A notion of personal responsibility that most in Washington would not recognize if it bit them in the behind. I might add that Ron Paul is the only candidate advocating a strict defense of our borders here at home. I saw on the news the other day that President Bush recently removed many of our National Guard troops from the Mexican border. Why would he do that? Why would anyone vote for someone who is going to get into office and give us more of the that kind of nonesense. Do you know about the FTAA, or any other number of groups seeking to unite the U.S., Mexico, and Canada like the European Union. They want us to have one currency and call it the Amero. I believe that Bush would not stand in the way of that from happening as is evidenced by his stance on our borders. I signed a petition several years ago asking Bush to add the phrase, "sovereign and independent" to our pledge of allegiance, and we got no support from him. If there ever was a candidate who believed in protecting the sovereignty of our great nation, that candidate is Ron Paul. He would protect our borders as the president should. A Ron Paul adminstration would end the flow of illegal tresspassers over our border with Mexico.
Ron Paul has said that we have a lot of goodness in this country and we need to promote it around the world, but not with the barrel of a gun. It seems that there is an element within the Republican party these days that has managed to convince many good people that as long as we are fighting terrorism abroad that is is perfectly fine for the government to run roughshod over our economic and personal liberties here at home. This really must stop!
If the only difference between republicans and democrats is the war on terror, which is a small difference in fact, then where will we be in ten our twenty years? We can keep on believing that we are free while we work until mid July, and beyond as the years go by, just to pay taxes to fund government so that it can continue intruding on our liberties. Ron Paul wants real freedom here at home, and this can only be achieved when we decide what the role of govenment ought to be. If you think the government should support us from cradle to grave, while taxing us to no end to pay for it, then go ahead keep supporting the establishment Republicans who will not change a thing in Washington. Just make sure that you do it with a clear conscience.
Brewrunner
I sit here wondering how many others are up against this arrogant point of view from their own close friends and family members.



7 comments:
It was also disingenous to claim he would wear a robe like a sheik in order to placate. If he was the placating type, he would have apologized to Guiliani in that debate.
Wow, that's incredible, and also very wrong.
The good thing is that I find more people are inspired than pissed with regard to the Ron Paul campaign.
That is the good thing. I just got back from a Ron Paul meetup event in my town. Most of the reaction we got from the people driving by was positive as we stood there with our signs and banners.
Most everyone I talk to has never heard of Ron, but is excited to hear about him and love what he stands for (except my grandfather thinks he is "too radical"...guess what grandpa, I'm radical, too). Love your blog btw.
Sounds like modern-day, ignorant, American Imperialism at it's finest. The audacity of said writer to reference Ron Paul as being a man who wouldn't stand up to Hitler?! I'm sorry, but both my parents are Polish and Russian immigrants who survived WWII, and there's a huge difference between what happened then and what's going on now. Ron Paul, in my eyes, is a very brave man standing up to a fascist regime...ours.
At least it seems that more people these days are finally beginning to see thru the incompetence and lies by our current regime with regard to war actions. I hear that military recruiting is at an all time low. I believe this because recruiters have been harassing my wife at work trying to get her to join. We don't have any clue how she got on their list, so it must be true that they are running out of options at this point.
It's funny when I hear some idiot say Ron Paul has no courage. The guy has the balls to stand up in a Republican debate and call all the other Republican candidates on their hypocrisy and abandonment of conservative principles.
I guess courage is defined as going along with the majority.
Post a Comment