Saturday, October 09, 2004

Debate Round 2: Who can best controll your life?

I wish for one second that candidates would speak the truth. Just for one question I wish they would say, "Charlie, in this particular area I would be the best man to dominate, intimidate, and control the lives of the American people." Why don't they speak honestly to the viewers and forget about the same old mantras we keep hearing over and over again. If I was able to ask a question at that town hall style debate tonight, I would have simply asked either man what qualified him to run my life instead of me. By what right, by what standard does he claim ownership over my body? Too listen to George Bush talk about apointing justices that would uphold the Constitution was laughable. Mr. Patriot Act I and II. John Kerry came out swinging against the Patriot Act, then admitted to voting for it, then claimed it was necessary for our security all within the confines of the same thought. A little known fact among the sheeple is that all members of congress who voted for the Patriot Act voted for it before reading a single word in it. Of-course that kind of business in Washington has become commonplace. The Constitution has become a document that "lives and breathes" (read: doesn't really matter any more).

No comments: