I have recenlty written commentary on my home town's recent decision to allow the public the legal use of fire crackers this Independence Day so long as they obtain the proper city issued permit. I thought that they just wanted the extra cash since they knew that individuals all over the city would have engaged in the fire works tradition anyways. I hoped that this would go down on the books as yet another unenforced piece of useless code like so many other laws. I was wrong.
In the last several days I have spotted more police patrol units traveling down my quiet little neighborhood street than I have seen in the last ten months. Oh how I feel so much safer. The boys in blue will keep those sparkler wielding criminals at bay.
On the radio tonight I heard something new to me about the fireworks permit. Apparantly the permit expires at 11:00 pm, after which point violaters will be fined 300 dollars.
Have fun this year friends and make sure you have your permits on hand to present to the patrol officer when he commands, "citizen, your papers!"
Happy Independence Day to all those out there in the land of the free.
Friday, July 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment