Friday, May 05, 2006

The Hate Wal-Mart Mentality

I was wandering around Myspace tonight when I discovered an anti-Wal-Mart group. I am not a Wal-Mart shopper and I do not own stock in the company, but the hate Wal-Mart venom was so staunch that I had to post a reply. Most of the people speaking their minds about Wal-Mart were young, and I just wish that they would find someting much more noble to speak out against. Perhaps something that actually has the power to use deadly force to accomplish its' goals. My response was as follows:

Even though so many of you all seem to hate Wal-Mart so much, I find it odd that it sounds like some of you frequent the place more than I do - which is not very much. Almost everyone here seems to be forgetting a vitally important concept. In America we still have a slightly quasi-free market capitalistic society, and it is the consumers (read: you, me, and everyone else) who get to decide if companies such as Wal-Mart live or die. If you have such a problem with them, then I have the perfect solution for you - don't shop there. If you disagree with anything they are doing, you have the ultimate power to decide for yourself that you will give them absolutely no economic support.

It would be really wonderful if all of this hate Wal-Mart venom could be redirected at putting a stop to something much more painful and unjust to the American consumer. I'm talking mainly about the 15 cents that is taken from every dollar you earn before you even realize it is gone. I am talking about the ponzi scheme being pulled on us by our government otherwise known as Social Security. None of us has a choice to peaceably abstain from participating in this draconian program, and all of us know that it will not be there for us when we reach that sacred age of eligibility - what is the age this year 65 or have they raised it to 67 yet. How can it be right for the government to confiscate 15 cents from every dollar you earn as part of a retirement program, and not even be required to pass that money on to your next of kin should you die before you reach a certain age? Any company competing in the free market could not survive running a retirement program such as the government's social insecurity scheme, but we let the government get away with it.

Why?


I can't wait to find out why all of the "hate Wal-Mart" people give the government a pass on its' tyrannical activities, but torch Wal-Malt everyday.

5 comments:

Elle said...

Keep me posted on what is said!

Stephatto said...

well put.

Anonymous said...

Hear, Hear!

Anonymous said...

[b]VIAGRA potenzhilfe BESTELLEN VIAGRA[/b]
http://www.getsomeskillz.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=13
[b]PFIZER VIAGRA BESTELLEN REZEPTFREI VIAGRA[/b]
VIAGRA BESTELLEN eur 0.85 Pro Pille >> Klicken Sie Hier << BESTELLEN BILLIG VIAGRA CIALIS VIAGRA prices BESTELLEN REZEPTFREI VIAGRA
http://cafesuoimo.com/member.php?u=8
[b]VIAGRA alternativ VIAGRA PREISVERGLECH BESTELLEN[/b]
[url=http://www.barroco.comyr.com/member.php?u=3]VIAGRA BILLIG BESTELLEN[/url] - VIAGRA Deutschland
[b]VIAGRA Oesterreich BILLIG VIAGRA[/b]
[b]VIAGRA potenzhilfe VIAGRA REZEPTFREI BESTELLEN[/b]
[url=http://www.noise-unltd.com/member.php?u=2 ]VIAGRA BESTELLEN BILLIG[/url] - erection VIAGRA
[b]VIAGRA ohne rezept VIAGRA PREISVERGLECH BESTELLEN[/b]
[b]VIAGRA ohne rezept BILLIG VIAGRA REZEPTFREI BESTELLEN[/b]

Walmart India said...

Walmart India is a known corporate terrorist that has reached to the top by kicking, and hurting all the people connected to their warped system. However, we should realise the fact that the people behind this corporate beast have been manipulating humanity for a long time.